SubModel: T140E
Year: 1979
Mileage: 13,922
VIN: 2T140EDA21122
Engine size: 750
Vehicle Title: Clear
You are interested? Contact the seller!

Description

This is a moderately restored 1979 Triumph T140E. This has been an over 15 year project. No miles have been put on it since 1997 when the restoration began. Frame off, andblasted and painted. The engine was rebuilt. New top end and new clutch. I think the valves were done as well. It starts first kick. Other items that have been replaced and new are as follows: Full exhaust. Headers, rossover pipe and mufflers. Carburetors. Plugs. Wires. Gas cap. Fuel petcocks. Controls, eft and right side. Levers and switches. Front and rear master cylinder, tainless Steel. All brake hoses. Indicator lights, i beam, urn, ow oil pressure, eutral. Turn signals. All cosmetic rubber components. Tires front and rear. S.S. rims and spokes front and rear. Chain and sprocket. Luggage rack. Rear shocks (generic). S.S. front fender. Headlight bezel and housing as well as chrome mounting bushings. Headlight bulb (pre-focus). Real oil filter with changeable element instead of the old screen style. Custom chrome upper fork tube caps (very nice touch). All new fluids. I'm sure there are items i have forgotten. Most of all the stock parts are saved. Items still needing attention: Seat cover(small tear). Carbs need to be fine tuned. New brake caliper pistons (S.S.) and seals need to be installed. I have them and was planning on changing them this winter. The side emblems need to be installed (they are chrome and black style, hrome lettering) They were not installed as the panels and tank still need to be painted. It is presently in primer (tan-ish). The seat latch needs to be installed. I am missing the small nut that retains the lock. I do not have mirrors. The stock ones were ugly so they were discarded. Too many other projects going on constantly puts this job on the back burner. Over the years there has been a few scratches to the paint so minor spot touch ups have occurred here and there. This bike has almost no rust at all (a few spots on steel bolts and normal rust on brake rotors. The cases aren't perfect and brand new chrome but the aluminum does polish up pretty nicely. If the bike not reach my desired reserve, will most likely paint the tank and side panels in the spring.

Similiar classic cars for sale